IPAG Business School has inherited a prestigious history. It was founded in 1965 by Jacques Rueff, a member of the French Academy. It has been continuously enhancing its range of courses since that date. In addition to its Paris campus, it has developed both in Nice and abroad.
IPAG Business School
IPAG Business School is the only business school to have been founded by a member of the French Academy, the economist Jacques Rueff. In 1965, he founded the Centre de formation supérieure des cadres du commerce et de l’industrie. He set up the school in a prestigious building, which used to house the former Geographical Society. It is the place where Ferdinand de Lesseps drew up the plans for the Panamá Canal in 1880.
In 1969, the school changed its name to Institut de préparation à l’administration et à la gestion (IPAG). It was recognised by the State the year after. It has been continually developing since that date: its range of courses has been continuously enhanced. A campus was opened in Nice (1989), then two Associate Campuses were opened, in Kunming and in Riverside (2012).
- 1970 – The school is recognised by the State.
- 1971 – IPAG is authorised to receive apprenticeship tax subsidies.
- 1972 – Launch of the 1st cycle of the management sandwich course.
- 1974 – Launch of the 1st management sandwich course programme in France.
- 1977 – IPAG sets up a team of permanent coordinators.
- 1980 – Premises refurbished and extended.
- 1982 – 4-year sandwich course cycle introduced.
- 1985 – IPAG is authorised to award a diploma endorsed by the Ministry of National Education.
- 1989 – European management programme opens in Nice.
- 1991 – IPAG Nice is authorised to award a diploma endorsed by the Ministry of National Education.
- 2003 – Authorisation to award a diploma endorsed by the Ministry of National Higher Education and Research renewed.
- 2006 – IPAG is authorised to award a Bac +5 diploma endorsed by the Ministry of National Education.
- 2008 – Research Laboratory created under the supervision of F. Teulon.
- 2011 – IPAG is authorised to award a Masters level diploma.
- 2012 – IPAG becomes IPAG Business School. Kunming (China and Riverside (USA) Associate Campuses open.
- 2013 – IPAG is a founding-member of the Ambitions+ joint entrance examination for business schools.
- 2014 – IPAG becomes a member of the SESAME joint entrance examination for business schools.
- 2016 – IPAG joins the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles (CGE).
List of Chairmen of the Board at IPAG
- 1968 – Gonzague de Broglie
- 1974 – Gérard Dupont
- 1991 – Jacques Ancelin
- 1996 – Joël Kretly
- 2001 – Henri Pauvert
- 2003 – François Delachaux
List of Managing Directors at IPAG
- 1965 – Lucien de Sainte-Lorette
- 1969 – Jean-Michel Desmarais
- 1973 – Jean-Claude Ragot, director of studies
- 1974 – Jean-Claude Ragot, director
- 1983 – Joël Kretly
- 2001 – Louis Puthod
- 2008 – Guillaume Bigot